Friday, February 26, 2010

/Jinx/

"Go the rest of the year undefeated?"

"Right now I'm just confident the Jazz will every gameā€¦"

Two texts Brad and I traded in the middle of the Jazz's 12 game winning streak last year, before the team finished the season on an 8-16 stretch that included a punishing first round execution at the hands of the Lakers.

The zenith and the nadir all in the span of two months.

With that in mind, it is hard to get too excited about the Jazz's recent 18-3 run which included a miracle shot by a D-leaguer over King James and the 8th greatest comeback in NBA history (and 2nd greatest on the road).

On the other hand: they are winning road games (14-12), they are winning games they should be winning (vs >.500 teams: 14-3), and they are coming back from games in which they are down at halftime (too lazy to look up the stats).

I still don't think they can compete with the Nuggets or the Lakers in a 7 game playoff. But they are playing up to their ability. And isn't that all you can ask for as a fan?

8 Comments:

Blogger Brad Christensen said...

The Kings Logan!? The Kings!?! I blame you for a) predicting this outcome and b) posting this jinx.

Sat Feb 27, 01:53:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I am not sweating the loss to the Kings too much. Obviously, at this point every game counts and we should be able to beat the Kings, but Evans absolutely worked D. Will -- and that doesn't happen that often.

As with the Hawks game, it came down to one or two plays in the last couple of minutes. Tough beat, but I can live with it.

Now a loss to the Clippers and we might have a problem.

Mon Mar 01, 08:36:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I think the Jazz could take Denver in a seven game series.

L.A. or the new-look Dallas, probably not.

Mon Mar 01, 10:13:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Well that loss to the Clips was just fugly.

D. Will is injured and it is really hurting us on these road games. He either plays through it or misses a month to get healed up for the playoffs.

It is going to be a tough month.

Tue Mar 02, 08:58:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

I vote D-Will takes time off to get ready for playoffs. As long as we have AK that is.

Tue Mar 02, 01:04:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I second Brad's vote. And I call.

Wed Mar 03, 08:19:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Unfortunately, I think he said he is going to play through it.

And now that you mention it B, AK has been a bit of a non-factor due to his back.

I have no idea how the West is going to shake out, but I would mind a #3 seed if Dallas holds onto the #2. I just don't want to lose to Denver or the Lakers.

Wed Mar 03, 09:54:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

The reason I say as long as we have AK is because I think we need his play-making ability if D-Will is out.

The Jazz definitely need both of those guys healthy if they're going to make a deep run in the playoffs. Everyone else is relatively interchangeable.

Wed Mar 03, 10:20:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home