Monday, November 15, 2010

The new plan

NaNoWriMo isn't really happening. Unsurprisingly, I've been very busy. (Also, I have wanted to play a lot of Halo: Reach.)

I wasn't expecting to get a Zombie virus... err... cold. Or the number of other little things that happened to distract me. (On the bright side, I did finally hit Captain in Reach.)

Rather than just throw my hands up in the air, I decided to drop the clever gimmick of NaNoWriMo and create a more workable schedule. A schedule from today until Dec. 31 that only demands 1,250 words per day. (Roughly two single-spaced, size 12 Times New Roman pages in Word 2004.)

So the schedule begins again today. That means I need to have 1,250 words written by the end of the day. And that I also have to play less Halo: Reach overall. (That's harder... the first map pack is coming Nov. 30. And I'm only 200,000 credits from earning my final achievement.)

The story, if you're curious, is about war, time travel and people with super powers. No zombies. No werewolves. No vampires. Some unrequited love.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

A Master Chief in King Arthur's Court?

A bit derivative don't you think?

Tue Nov 16, 04:56:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Oh man. Brad dropping mad truth bombs on this post.

Tue Nov 16, 06:15:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

It's called John-117 in King Arthur's Court NOOB!

Wed Nov 17, 02:06:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

pwned

Fri Nov 19, 11:52:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home