Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thoughts and allegations (3.0 update)

3.0 Update

A few of my complaints will be fixed this "summer."

1) MMS support is coming. So my unlimited message plan won't go to waste.

2) Landscape in text and e-mail. (A minor gripe of mine.)

And if a photo app update that lets you rotate photos is one of the 100 other enhancements, I'll be completely happy.

Original post:

After having an iPhone for a month, I have a few things to say that you've heard before:

1) MMS support. Really. The phone is basically a computer, but it can't handle a picture message. I don't believe that, and I expect it to be fixed in 3.0.

2) Most people don't get why I'm such a fan of the Air Mouse App. Two reasons: It works, and $6 is a lot cheaper then $129 for a wireless keyboard and mouse. Just don't use the accelerometer mouse.

3) I know I'm a greasy guy, but it's still disconcerting to clean my screen right before I get a phone call. I'll never get used to that large, semi-face-shaped smudge.

4) I like having instant access to my e-mail, text message conversations and address book. When something happens, like yesterday's fantasy league controversy, I up-to-date in seconds.

5) Speaking of fantasy, Yahoo charges $10 for stat tracker. That's too much. Except maybe on the iPhone. I might pay $10 for an iPhone Stat Tracker app. (Hint Hint.)

That's all for now.

13 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

i would settle for getting the yahoo fantasy sports site to load properly on the iphone safari. . .

mlb at bat app is supposed to be great. dunno if you wanna follow baseball as much, but i'm gettin' that fo sho.

Fri Mar 13, 01:42:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

RE #3. Mark, you just notice the grease now because of the glass. It was always there on all your other cellphones, too.

Sat Mar 14, 09:34:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

and cuz you're gross.

Sun Mar 15, 07:50:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

well duh

Sun Mar 15, 08:50:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

I also read that they're fixing the face grease thing in 3.0.

Mon Mar 16, 07:47:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Thank god. Can they also do something about the scratches on the back of my 3rd party case? That should just be a simple software fix.

Mon Mar 16, 08:29:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I'll be happy if the 3.0 software helps the iPhone determine the best network to access to complete a call.

There is nothing worse than having calls fall on 3G, when the EDGE network is perfectly capable. I should not be the one responsible for toggling between the two.

Streaming from your iTunes library would also be very nice. Probably not going to happen for awhile.

Mon Mar 16, 02:19:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Why did you buy a case?

Mon Mar 16, 02:19:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

I must be a lucky caller. I think I've only had one or two dropped calls the whole time I've had the iphone.

Mon Mar 16, 02:22:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Also: there is an app where you can stream all of the NCAA Tourny straight to your iPhone for $5. You need a WiFi connection, but that is still a generous offer!

If only other sports would be so kind!

Mon Mar 16, 02:26:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I've never had a dropped call, six weeks in.

I bought a case with a filter for the camera that allows you to take clear photos of text and writing on paper. Also, the iPhone felt too slippery.

Mon Mar 16, 06:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger Sensei Master said...

wow. what happens if the screen gets scratched? is it still useable? hmmm these phones sound too high tech. i want a brick phone from the 80's. now thats a phone!! just kidding :P

Tue Mar 17, 06:07:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, since you live in a fifedom of Seattle, I bet you are all sounders fans, and thus you feel alone since until NOW you didn't realize that there is a viable fantasy soccer option.

http://fantasy.mlsnet.com/

Join the Bush League
password: wecandance

Tue Mar 17, 08:14:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home