Thursday, December 06, 2007

Irony Scepter

1.

When I bought my Wii, I sold my GameCube and scored the tidy sum of $30 cash money. I paid $200 for it new. More if you count the forced bundle.

I'm currently selling my GameCube component cables on eBay. One day left, and they're already up to $40. I paid $30 for them new.

2.

Despite having four writers with graduate degrees or work toward a graduate degree (and a very intelligent Ben), our blog's reading level is rated:

cash advance

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

"and a very intelligent Ben"

ROFL.

Thu Dec 06, 11:32:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

By the way, you know those reading levels are based on how many words you have per sentence? Your terse writing style is keeping us down.

We need less Hemingway and more Hawthorne from you Mark.

Thu Dec 06, 11:34:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Yeah. I know. As you can imagine, I'm actually happy about that. I prefer to keep my readability at about a 5th grade level. That's the average ability of an American.

Thu Dec 06, 01:09:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not the intelligence of the writers,only the readers. Speaking in their behalf; Thank youse guys.

Thu Dec 06, 03:45:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

that thing said my facebook profile is genius level. must be that long bob dylan quote.

Sat Dec 08, 09:34:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Sam, have you seen I'm Not There yet? Thoughts?

Sun Dec 09, 11:56:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home