Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Preparing For Wii-entry

The wind was black that day. It had been unseasonably warm in Salt Lake City. But that morning the black wind chose to bring its icy rage –– like a losing streak-ravaged Boston Celtics fan.

Yes, the world was angry that day. But it didn’t scare me. I was on a mission.

I had a sort of envy, you see. Wii envy. And the only thing that would satiate it is getting my own Wii to play with.

The line was miles long. The day cold. But I’m happy to say I bested the unfriendly world and the brusque morning and walked out of Target with my Wii in my hands.

(Okay, so I only had to stand in the cold for 15 minutes and then inside for like another 15. And it was pretty clear the moment they opened the doors and told us they had 56 in stock that I was getting my Wii. Well, mostly clear... it’s so hard to count a big group of people. That’s a skill I would like to develop some day.)

Anyway, if you readers are also Wii owners (Ben), you should give me a call so we can link our systems and we can have a grand old Mii parade.

I quite like the Wii so far... although I have spent more time playing with the Mii, Weather, News and Internet channels than actually playing games. (I just passed the two-hour mark in Zelda.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

I left the Wii over at a friend's house, but I'll give you a call this weekend and we can link um up. I'm really glad you finally got your hands on one and certain you won't be disappointed.

Wed Feb 14, 04:42:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home