Saturday, February 10, 2007

Wish me luck

If a monkey can almost surely produce Shakespeare by plunking away on a typewriter, I can prob'ly earn a little money in the stock market, right? Let's hope so, because I just made my first two trades. I bought seven shares of AAPL (Apple Inc), and sixty three shares of the ominous sounding PCBK (Pacific Continental Corporation).

I'm a little freaked out about it, but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that much money and they're both very safe investments. The trades won't actually go through until the markets open on Monday, but I'll keep you posted on my early progress/emotions/regrets/suicide plans. In the event of the later I'm leaving everything to Sam except Sam's record player, which I'm leaving to Logan.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger S Goldsmith said...

lemmy get this straight. if ben dies, i get all his possessions (including some 70 shares of stock) except for my record player.

considering i have two other brothers, and could sell ben's wii and buy a newer/better record player, i see little incentive not to anna nicole smith his ass. am i wrong?

Sun Feb 11, 05:00:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

you are going to marry ben for his money?

Sun Feb 11, 09:01:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

yeah. and then you will be my butler, too.

Sun Feb 11, 10:29:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Snap!

Now that you own seven shares of Apple, are you a big fan of DRM, closed systems and forced distribution channels? (Oooh... double snap.)

Mon Feb 12, 08:19:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

i think what mark means is, when do we get those free iphones?

Mon Feb 12, 10:54:00 AM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would also like a free iphone

Mon Feb 12, 12:45:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and wait, logan's going to be ben's butler? swank. ben, can i come visit and have logan tie my shoes?

logan, do you know the theme song from mr. belvedere?

Mon Feb 12, 12:47:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

if ben dies, do i own logan?

Mon Feb 12, 01:53:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

no, logan still technically belongs to janet.

Mon Feb 12, 02:39:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

"technically"

Mon Feb 12, 05:21:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

and physically.

Mon Feb 12, 06:30:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

So should I ask Janet to give me Logan's iPhone?

Tue Feb 13, 09:16:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

...if Ben dies, that is.

Tue Feb 13, 09:16:00 AM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i just get an iphone?

Tue Feb 13, 01:08:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home