Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol Auditions as Wunderkammer

Seriously, I felt like I had fallen into some sort of Renaissance time warp as Fox paraded these monstruos in front of me as some sort of mock spectacle. At least the dwarves of the Spanish court had Velázquez to paint them with quiet dignity; the natives of Seattle had to endure the all too ironic condescension of that ninny court jester Ryan Seacrest [looking more aberrant by the season] and the eugenic stares of el rey Simon Cowell.

I guess the moral lesson behind American Idol is that we all suffer from some gross case of synesthesia.

6 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

I take it your addition didn't go too well.

Thu Jan 18, 01:39:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Randy told me "You have heart, dawg" and Paula encouraged me to keep chasing my dream [wistful emoticon].

Simon, who doesn't know anything about music [angry emoticon], told me I was atrocious, simply atrocious. [sad emoticon]

Thu Jan 18, 04:47:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger Pela said...

Based on your rendition of an audition, Logan, it’s totes obvs you've never seen the show. If you had seen it, you would know: “that song don’t even go like that.”

Thu Jan 18, 10:06:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sad thing is i'll (we'll?) probably watch a fair amount of episodes over the course of the season.

pathetic. simply pathetic.

but kinda fun.

Fri Jan 19, 10:27:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Was my rendition to pitchy for you Pela? Did I make you proud?

Not all of us have Daughtry posters above our beds.

Fri Jan 19, 11:46:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

your post almost made me wish i'd seen it. almost. i've still never seen the show, but i did enjoy me some so you think you can dance.

who's pilar??

Fri Jan 19, 08:09:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home