Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How Logan Became Dust In The Tub

Rachel asked me what I did that day.

I told her about driving to work. Some of the projects I’d worked on. Lunch. Coming home to an empty apartment. Getting ready for meeting.

I also killed a monster in the shower, I said. I had to strangle it with my belt.

Really, she said. What kind of monster was it?

It was the kind of monster that you kill, and then it transforms into a close friend or family member. So you feel bad, even though you didn’t have any choice.

Who was it?

Umm... it was Logan.

Does that mean that Logan is dead in our shower?

Oh, no. He turned into dust like one of the vampires on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

She asked me if we’d have to clean up the dust and I said probably not. The shower would rinse it away when I turned it on in the morning.

So that’s why Logan is (or at least was) dust in the tub.

But the truth is I made the whole thing up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

So was I a monster or a close friend?

And did you know that Whedon (and Abrams) are directing episodes of The Office this Spring?

GEEK WORLDS COLLIDE

Thu Jan 11, 12:12:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

The details are unclear, but I would surmise that you were a monster. Then, after the monster was slain, it transformed back into my close friend Logan. Revealing that Logan was really the monster all along, unbeknownest to me.

So you were both at different times.

Also... that rocks that Whedon is going to direct.

Not so much on the Abrams... is he going to introduce five new characters and a bunch of new dating couples in that episode?

Thu Jan 11, 08:25:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home