Tuesday, January 09, 2007

“So your period is pretty bad, huh?"

The Office

Like Logan said, BEST SHOW ON TV. Period. I’ve written at length about The Office, so I don’t see a need to say much more right now... okay. Actually, I have a lot to say about that last episode. The whole Jan and Michael thing. But that episode (and the show) deserves it’s own post.

Heroes

“How do you stop an exploding man?”

I was a skeptic of the show before it started, but was instantly converted. Everything that Lost does well, Heroes does better. (And everything that Lost does poorly, Heroes does well.)

The ratios are much better too. I only dislike one character in the large ensemble cast: Niki. And I’m also bullish that the show will stay compelling.

Criminal Minds

I wouldn’t say I like this show. And I even feel mildly embarrassed admitting that I watch it (with some regularity). It’s somewhat cheesy. Cliché. Poorly written. Full of stock characters. And highly addictive.

If you haven’t watched: the show follows a crack team of Profilers as they embark on “Movie of the Week” style adventures to stop serial killers... rapists... rescue kidnapped children... you name it. All in stories that are vaguely similar to popular news, books and movies. And you can’t help but wonder why the Government is funding this clearly ultra-expensive team. But wait, you’re thinking about the show. That’s a problem. You should probably not do that.

Also, this is what’s on opposite Lost. This is what I watch instead of Lost.

Beauty and the Geek

I only recently learned that Ashton Kutcher is actually the Executive Producer on this show. Who’d of thought. It’s as socially relevant as anything can be on MTV. That is to say it somewhat blurs the easy lines of MTV’s demographic groups. I like how the show humanizes all of these people by showing that, ultimately, no matter what you’re good at, being good at one thing can make you less confident in so many other things.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

The NYTimes article on those Ozymandian CSI template shows is pretty hilarious and on the money.

Tue Jan 09, 03:07:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home