Wednesday, May 03, 2006

OK Computer II

(Frame.)

Did I ever tell you about the time I called customer support because I couldn't get my computer to turn on?

Well, I did.

I'm on the phone with the guy and he's like, "try holding down the power button for ten seconds," and all this other crap. And he’s asking me, "so what was the last thing you were doing before it stopped working?"

(Tense change.)

I said, "I was on the Internet looking for an apartment."

“And your computer just turned off?” he said.

“Yeah,” I said. “My computer just turned off.” It was like the third time he’d asked that.

(Tone change.)

Finally, he was all like, “well, I don’t know what to say. Can you see if the power cord is plugged into the back of your computer and into the wall.”

And I was like, “No.”

And he was like, “Why not?”

And I was like, “Dude, because the power’s out!”

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

FYI: I guess this is sort of making fun of Logan...

That really wasn't my intention. When I first read his story I thought he had written a "found" post from an urban legend. So I decided to rewrite an urban legend as my own too.

Then I added the "meta" tags. I don't know what those do. Probably they make it clear that I'm deconstructing the nature of oral joke telling while ultimately creating another example of a "joke." Probably.

Thu May 04, 07:38:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I was confused because it seemed unneccessay to parody such a self-biting post.

But I probably deserve it as my posts are usually half-assedly ambiguous.

Thu May 04, 03:29:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home