Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nostalgic indifference

I was iffy about the idea of going to a High School reunion for two reasons:
  1. I see the people I would care to catch up with at least one or twice a year
  2. I don't see the people I have no interest in catching up or seeing with ever
  3. I also don't see the people I have a mild interest
Then I found it's $25 per person and it instantly went from iffy to "no." (Just lowercase, though. No big, dramatic NO!!!11!11! with fake scoffing or anything.)

Because if Logan, Brad, Nell, Ian, Ben and I each put in $25 for alcohol, we could have a pretty good time.

We could, maybe, even afford some food. And a raffle for a fun prize like his and hers monogrammed copies of Das Kapital.

Or Independence Day on DVD. Autographed by Logan.

Or The Matrix on VHS. Autographed by Brad.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

i like mark's idea better.

Thu Apr 01, 06:35:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

I already have a VHS copy of The Matrix.

And a Sharpie.

Thu Apr 01, 08:32:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Better version of Das Kapital: http://bit.ly/aFeI50.

Don't let me drive to Blockbuster to pick up the Matrix. I might pop a tire.

Mon Apr 05, 01:38:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home