Sunday, August 03, 2008

Your retro career melted, indeed.

Hello The Faint. It's me.

I know you are performing tonight in Portland, but I just don't have the heart to go anymore.

I have already seen you twice now in as many years. On the same tour. Promoting the same interminably inchoate songs.

Sure dancing to Blank-Wave Arcade and Danse Macabre songs is a blast. And "Paranoiattack" is pretty banging (although I never understood why "Desperate Guys" received the most applause).

But the new songs are bad. Like "Birth" bad.

The first time I heard them live was vaguely tolerable because I could pretend they were works in progress. The second time had me increasingly worried.

But now that your new album is out with its terrible, terrible spelling, my worst fears have come true. Even a Digital Ash in a Digital Urn followup would have been preferable because I would have at least had somebody else to blame.

Please take a moment to consider the following song titles: "Forever Growing Centipedes" and "Fish In A Womb". This should have been some clue you were barking up the wrong lyrical tree.

Seriously though. No hard feelings. I just can no longer support and encourage you while you make poor music choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home