Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger, Actor, Found Dead At 28, Ruins Xanax for Rest of Us

















Call it 11 things I hate about you.

According to the New York Post,

"Bottles of the generic forms of Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs prescribed in his name, were found in the house, according to law-enforcement sources. The sleeping drug Ambien was also found near his body, sources said. The maid said she last heard the star snoring around noon."

Who among us has not been in a similar situation, I ask? I can't even count all the times I've passed out naked after taking too much Xanax or Ambien. You know there's going to be a backlash against young people taking the valuable prescriptions. That's what happens when one dummy goes and does something like this.

Too bad it wasn't heroin.

Then the headline could have been, "Ledger to Heroin: 'I wish I could quit you.'"

Too soon?

5 Comments:

Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

lolz.

Tue Jan 22, 11:46:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Too soon and way too insensitive.

Wed Jan 23, 08:24:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Your entry is funnier now that it was when I read it this morning. These things have incredibly short half-life's anymore.

Although I am still feeling angry and belligerent. Particularly when confronted with stories about young and/or unexpected death.

Wed Jan 23, 04:27:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About 2 minutes after Eric and I heard about it I said, "He was supposed to be the next Johnny Depp." Eric goes, "Too bad he turned out to be the next River Phoenix."

I asked the same too soon question. . . .

It's hard not to be sarcastic/cynical when celebrities are too often in the news for ridiculous things. When something actually somber happens it's tough not to react the same way. In short, nah, not too soon. I read your post as more a commentary on celebrinews than anything else.

Wed Jan 23, 05:08:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

read my post! love me! tell me i'm good!

Wed Jan 23, 10:56:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home