Sunday, September 30, 2007

A post where I gloat.

Told you so.

Okay, so maybe we were both right. And maybe it will be available in stores sometime down the road.

Still, the announcement confirms my suspicion that Thom and company would eschew the traditional means of production and release the record on their own. What I never would have guessed is that they would let the customer choose how much to pay for said download. That is some brilliant marketing [although I should say other bands have tried similar tactics, but none have had quite the same cloat as Radiohead]. And dare I say it -- I am actually excited for the new album now.

10 days and counting...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are they doing with Esperanto on their homepage? That is SO 1887.

Mon Oct 01, 05:35:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

For the record. It was never that I didn't believe you that Radiohead would do a digital album release. IT was always that I thought that was stupid.

Maybe I've played too much Bioshock, but I still think they'd be better off selling the album for a profit and they taking all the profit and investing it in, say, solar panel research. But whatever. At least I know now that I can either get the album for free illegally, or legally for like 90 cents.

Mon Oct 01, 02:20:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can get it for free legally. . . i just did.

well, i pre-ordered it for free.

just to see.

Mon Oct 01, 02:38:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Mark, I am surprised you haven't mentioned the obvious precident for this release:

MACHINA 2

Tue Oct 02, 01:18:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home