Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This is the Thrilling Conversation You've Been Waiting For

I was a child of the 80s until 1997. Synthpop was my life. If it did not have a 12'' extended remix associated with it, I was not interested.

I first heard Harvey Danger's Flagpole Sitta during the trailer for some movie I hope time has forgotten. Zombies may have been involved.

As silly as it may sound, the song struck a chord with me. My irrational standoff with 90s music began to thaw and I have been playing catch up ever since. It was my personal glasnost, if you will.

I even flew to San Francisco to see them on their reunion tour.

That is another story.

The reason I wax nostalgic about my lame musical awakening, is that Harvey Danger has released their new album online for all to listen to. You can download it directly off of their website, or through a linked torrent file. You can even purchase the album or donate money if you are so inclined.

It is an interesting marketing/release strategy. You can hear the guitarist, Jeff Lin, speak about it during a radio show on Seattle NPR affiliate KUOW's The Works.

Now, sing with me:

"I had visions, I was in them, I was looking into the mirror..."

2 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

The film was that Katie Holmes classic Disturbing Behavior.

What an infidel you must be to forget little Joey Potter's first "dark" role.

Thu Oct 06, 10:50:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Just as all things begin, so must all things end.

Fri Oct 14, 09:18:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home