Sunday, July 22, 2007

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times‽"

Okay.

The Simpsons movie is coming out this week. Will it be good? Probably not.

That is irrelevant.

Like the rest of you, it has been more than a few years since I have actively watched the series.

And currently I have the hankering to sit down with some real classics.

So, my question to all you is: What would you nominate as some of the most cromulent episodes of all time?

Personally I would pick the following:

10. Homer's Phobia
9. Bart Sells His Soul
8. A Streetcar Named Marge
7. Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
6. Treehouse of Horror V
5. Homer Bad Man
4. Marge vs. The Monorail
3. Deep Space Homer
2. Last Exit to Springfied
1. Cape Feare

But I am sure there are plenty lurking in the periphery of my brain just waiting to be remembered.

WHAT SAY YOU?

4 Comments:

Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

In no particular order:

Crayon in the Brain
Lisa the Vegetarian
Who Shot Mr. Burns
King-Size Homer
Treehouse of Horror VII
You Only Move Twice
A Milhouse Divided
Hurricane Neddy
Homer's Enemy
Lisa the Simpson
Lisa's Date With Density
Girly Edition (Mojo)
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer

And a few more....

Tue Jul 24, 07:05:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

Here are some good clips from them:

Crayon in the Brain

Lisa the Vegetarian

Treehouse of Horror

King-Size Homer

You Only Move Twice

Hurricane Neddy

Homer's Enemy

Tue Jul 24, 01:55:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

While I don't love those episodes as much, some of the lines are absurdly classic.

Like in Hurricane Neddy and Lisa the Vegetarian.

Also, after some rewatching I think it is safe to say that Last Exit to Springfield takes the cake. It has pretty much every single one of my favorite Simpsons moments rolled into one episode.

Tue Jul 24, 10:38:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

I can't find any of the best clips, but another one of my favorites is Mountain of Madness

Wed Jul 25, 07:34:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home