Monday, July 09, 2007

Lookout! Radioactive Man.

The best band that I’d guess you think you’re too good to listen to: Fall Out Boy.

That’s right, Fall Out Boy. The “pop” driven “emo” band. You may not believe that they rock, so here is my story.

I didn’t think I’d like them either. But, like all bands one ends up loving, there was some piece of a song that stuck in my head. And it stayed there. And it made me like the band.

(The lyric in question, just in case you’re wondering, “Your secret’s out and the best part is it isn’t even a good one.”)

What I’m saying is that there’s actually some very enjoyable music on both of the most recent Fall Out Boy albums. Sure, they’ve been smashing into the svelte, odious “Emo” label, but at their core are two solid rock albums with clever, ironic lyrics and some of the catchiest choruses I’ve heard in a while.

Give both albums at least three attentive listens, if you haven’t already. You won’t be disappointed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mark you must be feeling especially brave today.

i'm not so i'll just say this, when i happen past fall out boy on the old fm dial i usually stop and listen.

Tue Jul 10, 04:11:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Okay Mark. I was really disappointed that this post was not about:

a) The Simpsons movie, and its reverse product placement in 7-11s across the country.

or

b) One of the greatest episodes of The Simpsons of all time.

That being said, I know little about FOB, beyond their sins against humanity for unleashing Panic! at the Disco and that one single This Ain't a Scene which I thought was a clever analogy until they collapse it in the first two lines of the song.

Challange your listeners a little boys! I think they can figure out the message without you blatantly spelling it out.

Tue Jul 10, 11:40:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home