Friday, March 02, 2007

Nostradamus blogs among you.

Stop the presses.

Mere months after I lavished Subtle and TV on the Radio with the #1 and #2 spots on my coveted best of 2006 list, both bands decided to team up Voltron style in an obvious attempt to make the best concert of all time.

Coincidence? I think not. I am sure you will all recall that I also predicted that Capitalism and the Protestant work ethic were going to jel together like Goldsmiths and usury [I swear I am good for the money! Lady Luck has not been kind to me this month!].

And in case comments I made in other posts have got you to doubt the concreteness and immutability of my annual list, I just listened to those two albums again and they still rock my world.

But don't take my word for it. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and buy/download/steal Return to Cookie Mountain and for hero: for fool and then go support Doseone and Tunde Adebimpe at one of the following concerts:

03-01 Providence, RI - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
03-02 Boston, MA - Avalon Ballroom
03-03 Montreal, Quebec - Olympia Theatre
03-04 Toronto, Ontario - Kool Haus
03-06 Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre & Ballroom
03-07 Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
03-08 Indianapolis, IN - Vogue Theater
03-09 Louisville, KY - Brown Theatre
03-10 Columbia, MO - Blue Note
03-12 Chicago, IL - Metro
03-13 Chicago, IL - Metro
03-14 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
03-15 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
03-16 Madison, WI - Orpheum Theatre
03-17 Kansas City, MO - Harrah's Voodoo Lounge
03-20 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
03-21 Salt Lake City, UT - Urban Lounge
03-23 Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
03-24 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
03-25 Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre

4 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

i wonder if i can tickets at urban lounge minus the almost %50 Smith's Tix fee. whatup with that?

Sun Mar 04, 01:51:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

i mean 50%

nice

Sun Mar 04, 01:51:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Check out 24tix.com. Their service fee is usually cheaper.

Sun Mar 04, 05:43:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even with the fee the tickets are cheap, but it's the principle. . . .

Sun Mar 04, 09:06:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home