Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cruel mistress

This semester is killing me in a slow, meaningful way.

I’ve complained about it before… but this week is taking it to a new level.

See… my family and close family friends (with the help of my girlfriend) convinced me to take a weekend trip (Thursday to Sunday) to Disneyland. Even though I hate Disneyland, and even though I’ve been too busy to sleep or eat so far this semester.

On top of that… I’m to read Aristotle’s Phaedrus and Poetics this week. 4,000 lines of The Romance of the Rose. Some essay on Medieval Literacy. Two novel excerpts by peers. And then also submit up to 35 pages from my own novel. All this week…

Then I have the honor (and I mean that literally and without sarcasm) of meeting with and conversing about the beginning of my novel with a visiting writer.

And then I have my regular voluntary work stuff with my religion.

And also I have my girlfriend who I like to see, touch and talk to.

Somehow this reminds me of how we used to brag about how little sleep we’d get in High School because of how busy we were. Except now… I’m not lying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home