Monday, January 16, 2006

Super Blow Sunday

I’ll probably watch it.

Probably have people over to watch it, even.

Thing is… I really hate football.

Example: Over the weekend I did some solid hours of reading. Including stuff I’ve read before (that wonderful mimetic stuff in Book X of Plato’s Republic) and stuff that’s barely in English (Middle English… asif).

I did the reading in my TV room, where I have a comfortable green couch and a bright Target lamp. It’s just good for reading. Only thing is, I have an irrational desire to have the TV on if I’m in the TV room. (I’m sure it relates to my Marxist tendencies regarding use value, but still…) But I’ve finally discovered the secret. See if I turn on the TV, put it on a boring channel and mute it. I can get a lot of reading done.

FYI: Football is more boring than the weather channel.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

That is really too bad as this weekend had some of the most thrilling games in recent memory - including this blunder allowing the Colts to prove once again that they are the least-clutch team in recent memory.

I caught the Bears-Carolina game at a sports bar on the North Side which was quite exciting. It is too bad the home team lost, but boy do I love them scrappy Panthers.

I have also decided that the Patriots winning the super-bowl is oracular - in that Groudhog's day way - of how my year is going to go. This year can only be aces at this point.

Mon Jan 16, 05:12:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Oh yeah... and 100 post-milestone. Not too shabby.

Way to stick it to the liberal-media!

Mon Jan 16, 05:19:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home