Friday, November 18, 2011

Tim Tebow's Legendary Awe-Inspiring Divine Greatness

Kevin Burkhardt, a NY based sports broadcasting type tweeted this, "All the love/hate for Tim Tebow this year in the NFL, and there is just one thing that matters. He is 4-1 as the starting QB." -- Okay, fair enough, I can see why someone might think that, if that person were a rose-tinted Bronco fan, or a Florida Gator fan, or an Evangelical Baptist, or a COMPLETE IDIOT. But someone whose job is to be analytical about sports!? Please.

It's 5 games. 4-1 doesn't mean anything. If it were 40-1 or even 40-10 it would be a different story, but 4-1? Need I remind you (obviously I do) that just a couple years ago Kyle Orton was traded to the same Denver Broncos. Josh McDaniels named Orton the starting QB and he was Elway-esque. Orton led the Broncos to a 6-0 start, including three last minute game winning drives. It was a fine time to be a Denver fan, do you remember, Bronco Nation? Do you remember what happened after that shining 6-0 start? I'll remind you? Kyle Orton has started 27 games since then. The Broncos have won 6. 6-21. So what is the difference between Orton's 6-0 and Tebow's 4-1? Anyone? Okay, I'll tell you. Orton actually looked like a good Quarterback. Tebow has looked like a pile of discarded bloody effluvia.

Orton went 124/194 (64% comp.) for 1465 yds 9TDs and 1INT during those six games. A QB rating of 100.13. That's like Steve Young/Peyton Manning territory. Tebow has gone 52/115 (45%) over his five games, for 630 yds, 6TDs and 1INT. A QB rating of 76.36. That's like Jon Kitna/Ty Detmer territory.

Granted, Tebow is a better runner. He does have 356 yards rushing over the 4-1 stretch. Which is not too shabby. But the offense has looked awful under Tebow. Inept. Impotent. And let's not forget Tebow was born in the Philippines! Doesn't that make him at best a Muslim and at worst a terrorist? Doesn't it?

I really haven't felt this much vitriol toward an NFL QB since, well, Okay, since Tom Brady. But god dammit. GOD DAMMIT! For some reason I can't stand that everyone is all up in Tim Tebow's jock. I mean, except the ladies of course. Why can't everyone see that Tebow is awful?

I must admit, Tebow has been great for the NFL, I loved watching every second of the beating the Lions handed to the Broncos, I can't for the life of me imagine why noone figured out what the Lions did. Do not blitz. Tebow can't throw. Maintain containment, do not blitz. No need for nickel or dime packages. . . ever. Tebow can't throw. Do you hear me Rex Ryan you podophile, do not blitz!

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait for Tebow's full exposure. Until then I'll at least have this:

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Mike Tanier had a pretty good article about this in the NYTimes.

The Tebow schadenfreude, as you pointed out, mostly comes from the commentators that stoop to the lowest common denominator about "winning" and "magic" -- with subtexts about religion and race thrown in for added salt on wounds.

With the TV muted, I am sure Tebow is just kind of silly to watch. Now I just can't wait for the next humiliating loss.

Sun Nov 20, 07:18:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home