Thursday, November 03, 2011

My iPhone is making me stupid and so is yours

As much as I like my iPhone and my iPad, I'm convinced that it's ruining my brain. And everyone else's too.

I'm sure it's killing my brain to never be bored and to always be bored. I can't take an elevator ride from the first floor to the fourth without pulling the stupid thing out. I don't spend as much time daydreaming. Or focusing on one thought until I find my way to what I need to create, remember or change. The phone doesn't do anything to entertain or challenge me, and yet I use it constantly.

I'm also sure it's killing my brain to look up the answer to any question I can't remember. I'd guess memory is strengthened in some way by actually finding the right neuropathway. Rather than just bypassing it's way through short-term memory and not actively involving more than a few locations in my brain.

But that's just speculation. I guess I should ask Siri.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home