Thursday, November 17, 2011

Besiktas Milangaz off to a 5-0 start




Looking at that photo does make me miss the NBA. And D-Will. But knowing what we know now I think the trade the Jazz made with the Nets was the best move. At the time I thought the move was a little bit panicky. Now it seems like incredible value for what could end up being only a couple months of basketball.

Also, I'm wondering where everyone stands on this lockout thing. It seems apparent that Stern and the owners are somehow winning the PR battle, even though the players are the only ones who have made any concessions at all. Me being a pro-labor type of guy I've always sided with players in these sorts of struggles, so I'm wondering if others see what I see. Do you?

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Hard to say. As a casual follower, I am not quite sure what the main sources of conflict actually are. It feels like both sides are still in the saber-raddling stage. Sort of like a Prisoners Dilemma situation in which both sides are willing to lose to spite the other.

I agree with you: I am, generally speaking, pro-labor but as a fan of a small market team that doesn't want the NBA to become MLB, I also have to agree somewhat with the NBA.

But again, I can't pretend to know half of the situation. I can only speak as a casual follower and right now both sides look terrible.

Sun Nov 20, 07:23:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home