Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Bloom Blaum

Now that 5/6 (approximately 83%) of our bloggers use that one consumer electronic device, I thought I would hype the single program that I have purchased from the App Store.

Bloom is an ambient noise generator from -- surprise, surprise! -- Brian Eno (& Peter Chilvers -- but who is keeping track).

It starts out as an electronic version of the Buddha Machine, looping randomly generated tones over a subtle ambient drone. But unlike other ambient projects, Bloom invites you to participate in the music creation by touching the screen and placing your own tones into the proceedings.

It share a lot of similarities with Electroplankton -- with the notable exception that you can actually find and pay for Bloom if you want.

It is a small and simple marvel. And well worth the asking price.

4 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

I feel like a choad every time i use the term "app." It's probably good marketing, but I hate it.

Oh, and Logan showed me bloom last night, it was a'ight.

Mon Oct 13, 03:35:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Bloom is a flashlight program, right?

I like to use those to help me see in the dark.

Mon Oct 13, 07:57:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

Hey don't knock the flashlight program.

The other night I was herding ducks and chickens back into their coop and downloaded a flashlight and turned it on all within about 30 seconds. The raccoon-safe fowl were grateful.

Tue Oct 14, 08:23:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger n s tessman said...

i bet i could heard my chickens back into their coop with bloom. and they would be totally chilled out.

Tue Oct 14, 10:52:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home