Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sympathy for the devil


I'm probably the only person who feels bad for Heisman Trophy winning, murder rap dodging, former football phenom Orenthal James "O.J." Simpson.

O.J. was found guily of armed robbery after a 2007 heist in which he and his co-conspirators stormed a Vegas hotel room and stole--allegedly at gunpoint--some O.J. memorabilia.

The crux of the trial was whether or not O.J. had a gun. In my honest opinion, I do not believe the prosecution proved he did beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is clear that O.J. orchestrated the heist and that his cronies had guns. It is not clear that O.J. was packing heat.

It seems to me that a fair trial for O.J. is almost impossible. Most people think he got away with murder 13 years ago and deserves to be in prison. Even several jurors in the Vegas case admitted the same.

None of the jurors were black, adding to what can only be perceived as a stacked deck against him.

I believe that O.J. is guilty of every crime he's ever been accused of, but I don't like the way this worked out. I don't think he had a fair trial this time around, and the right to a fair trial must be upheld. I have a feeling this conviction will be overturned in appeal.

2 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

maybe bush will pardon him

Mon Oct 06, 01:17:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

OJ seems like a character you'd hang out with in Grand Theft Auto.

Mon Oct 06, 02:58:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home