Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not "in" quite yet...

It's odd, to say the least. The idea that you can watch other people's OnDemand. But, having finally bought one of these, it's true. Although not nearly as titillating as the Slate article would leave you to believe.

Beyond the slight voyeurism of knowing what other people in my area are watching (while never knowing who is watching anything), it's more of a gauge of what's popular.

For instance, last weekend there were a half dozen people where watching National Treasure 2 at any given time. And Hannah Montana, South Park, Family Guy and Sex and the City seem to be perennial favorites.

In other words, it's a reminder that I'm still off with the mainstream. I can't imagine EVER watching National Treasure 2. I've watched all four of those TV shows, but none are something I'd actively seek out in order to watch them whenever I want.

Hmm... guess I need a few better ideas before I can write my mainstream hit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home