Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Because I know you are all rushing out to see it during its second week of release. Let me spare you the effort. Nell and I saw The Last Kiss last night. It was unpleasant, humorless -- and false to its very core. The only shred of truth it mustered (which is statistically impressive when you think of all the cliches Haggis managed to ham into two hours) was the barely insightful revelation by Zach Braff: "I'm an asshole."

If you want some vérité in your cinéma, please go rent the shoe-string indie The Puffy Chair. The characters may be insufferable, but at least they act and talk like actual human beings.

p.s. The Office season premier tonight!

My bet: Pam and Jim pretend like the kiss never happened
Mark's bet: Pam is pregnant and married
Sure bet: Season Three is going to bring the touchingly funny moments (and the funnily touching moments)

2 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

That's actually my sister's theory.

My only thought is that they'll pick up the show months after the season finale, and won't even address the Jim and Pam situation for the first 60%.

At least, that's how I'd write it. I'd let them get together too... more –– to use Logan's favorite word –– ennui potential that way.

Thu Sep 21, 02:46:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Well, I can't say we were too accurate with our predictions.

Splitting the show between two offices and Roy's DUI are interesting choices -- let's see how they play out.

One thing is for sure. Dwight is still bringing the laughs.

"False. I do not miss him."

Fri Sep 22, 04:31:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home