Tuesday, September 12, 2006

TB...

I have bad news... I have tuberculosis.

That reflects my Point of View that they should start referring to it as TeleBoring rather than Television. (The tuberculosis connection is merely coincidental.)

The reason I haven’t posted my Fall TV Preview... there aren’t any new shows I care to watch.

Heroes... yes. I suppose that looks relatively interesting. Kind of a Midnight’s Children lite. At least... I did think it looked interesting until I read the Entertainment Weekly and the creator talking about the theme of the show sounded like he was talking about the need for Jesus return. Let’s see... a superhero Christian allegory... hmm... I think I seen that about six million times before. (Give or take.)

I’ve already watched two of the new shows.

‘Til Death is all the bad clichés and jokes about marriage you could think of in five seconds with heavy metal music blaring in the background and bamboo stuck under every finger and toenail, but stretched out to a 22-minute runtime and spoke through unlikable, shallow and exaggerated characters. I won’t be watching that again.

Oddly enough, Happy Hour – the show after ‘Til Death that I’d heard nothing about – was actually funny. Kind of like a mean and more challenging Seinfeld with sharp writing and more absurdity. Just one problem... it’s up against The Office. So I won’t be watching it or recording it or, probably, thinking about it again.

This TV season to me just means new episodes of shows that I’ve already been watching. And maybe more time with my Nintendo DS.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger S Goldsmith said...

do you really have tuberculosis?

Tue Sep 12, 07:18:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

did you get it from a raccoon?

Tue Sep 12, 10:34:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Since I have recieved phone calls about it -- Mark is quite healthy and alive, and most certainly does not have tuberculosis.

Tue Sep 12, 11:37:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

No kidding, phone calls?

Wed Sep 13, 07:30:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Ben, that raccoon is darn cute. I'd like to cage my own just like it.

Wed Sep 13, 02:25:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

You didn't see SAVE MARK printed on all of the water towers?

Wed Sep 13, 03:01:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home