Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Entertainment II

Identify the source of this sentence:

“There is no higher calling, nor greater reward, that democracy can offer an individual than the opportunity to stand up for fundamental freedom in trying times.”

I’ll give you two hints:

1) It’s current. It’s something I’ve read or heard in the last few weeks.

2) It comes from a well-known (and often reviled) source.

Now I’m going to give up the stupid little quiz format (it’s a little too pretentious).

The point of my leading questions is this: this is the opening of an ACLU “junk mail” package. “Signed” by ACLU President Nadine Strossen, the letter is “inviting” me to become a “Friend of Freedom” and donate to the ACLU (which is not, apparently, a non-profit as there’s small print that says my donation would NOT be tax-deductible, but I digress).

The point of my post is that... that... well.

Maybe I don’t have a point.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

"Return the Gift" would have been a better title on so many wonderful levels.

Damn ACLU! It is about time we started fighting back!

Wed Mar 08, 05:09:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home