Saturday, February 04, 2006

I’ve never felt so stupid

The reading list is massive. The “thesis” for the class obscure. And my teacher whispers. (Sometimes I’m sitting three feet away, and I miss some important thing she says.)

Yet, I still think I want to be there (even if I did briefly look at dropping the class and replacing it with the more obscure “Thesis Hours.”)

The thing about the class is that I feel like I don’t have the basic body of knowledge that I should. The class is called Studies in Writing and Pedagogy, and (as I’ve mentioned before) it’s mostly Communications of Education students. In that sense, I don’t quite know the vocabulary. And everyone else’s analyses or explications always feel slightly odd –– in that I can’t predict that they would come from that direction.

I think – ultimately – it will be instructional. But for right now, I’ve never feel so stupid.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home