Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Something Better Beginning

Steve Jobs, current owner of Palo Alto Borders-bought Monk Season 1 DVD and man of many hundred dollar bills, just unveiled both a Mac desktop and laptop running off Intel hardware at Macworld San Francisco.

Don't believe me? Hide your credit card and check out the Apple store.

Having purchased a new Powerbook less than a year ago, I must admit I got a bit jealous eyeballing the specs of the new MacBook Pro, but 15.4'' is a bit bigger than I, or my back, needs right now. Still those machines are going to rock, and if you are the market I can't recommend a system that runs OSX enough.

And that magnetic power cord is just a brilliantly simple idea.

Whether or not this switch will help them reclaim market share away from Microsoft has yet to be seen. But if the constant bustle of the Apple Store at the Gateway is any indication, this could be the turning of the tide.

Halo effect anyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

"but 15.4'' is a bit bigger than I, or my back, needs right now"

um. yeah.

Tue Jan 10, 12:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

It sounds like you almost believe it.

Wed Jan 11, 05:45:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home