Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A bowtie on a Shih Tzu

Sufjan Stevens. It’s a name that was on (and on top of) enough 2005 top 10 music lists to strike up my curiosity. Also Ben gave it a shout out over the holiday, so you know...

... I decided to start with Illinois. His most recent album and the album that received the highest review score from Pitchfork (a whopping 9.2 out of 10 from one of their ultracritical writers).

My first thought was that is was like a rebirth of the Age of Aquarius, post Eminem. But now I’d just describe the album as being more pretentious than a bowtie on a Shih Tzu.

In other words, I didn’t really like it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Can someone who loves jesus so much be considered pretentious? I dunno.

Just keep listening to your atheist indie rock, Mark.

Thu Jan 05, 01:57:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home