Wednesday, October 26, 2005

“All the girls stomp your feet like this”

I shop at Banana Republic now too, so it shouldn’t be too surprising. But I really enjoyed seeing Gwen Stefani in concert. (Also, somewhat enjoyed seeing the Black Eyed Peas.)

Sure it was a stadium concert. Sure it was the most random concert audience I’ve ever seen. (You’d be shocked by how many people take this young, young daughters to this kind of show. You’d also be shocked by how many people have young daughters.)

Still, there was a flow and energy in the air that was very much alive (and unpretentious).

At the very least, Love. Angel. Music. Baby. is one of the most entertaining and unique albums I’ve listened to… well… ever. It has a great mix of Japanese, Rock, Hip Hop and Rap styling that combine into a nearly avant-garde “stupid dance album”.

As for the Black Eyed Peas… they weren’t utterly irritating. And they suffered the misfortune of playing a venue with poor acoustics, assigned seats and security guards that would stop people who were dancing too closely or too sexually (not exactly their ideal venue, it seems). I can talk more about how much I like and how much I dislike the Black Eyed Peas, but I have no desire.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

what venue?

Wed Oct 26, 09:51:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

That mystical place, the "E" Center.

The "E" is for awesome!!!11!

Thu Oct 27, 11:21:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

oh, by the way, i hate to be mr. buzzkill, but that new order/gwen song is seriously weak.

it hurt me the first time i heard it.

Sat Oct 29, 11:35:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I like that song.

Of course, I had the distinct honor of not knowing that New Order had touched it.

Trust me, not knowing the tenuous link to Ian Curtis and just connecting the dots to Cool and Running (from No Doubt's Rocksteady) –– it's a good song.

Sun Oct 30, 08:05:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home