Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So, about that blog

I’m now 30 years old.

I’m not upset about it. In fact, I’m mostly indifferent. 30 isn’t really that old, and it’s hard for it to even feel old when I’m constantly explaining that, no, I’m not 18. I’m 30.

I’ve been telling people I’m 30 for long enough that it’s impossible to have any kind of quiet, sad feelings that it may inspire in others.

Now for the twist of this post: I doubt I’ll be blogging much anymore. Although, thanks to Logan’s insistence, I won’t be deleting all of my old posts.

Why? Well, Logan wanted to keep a sort of historical record.

Oh, you mean about why won’t I be blogging at all or much anymore.

Honestly, it’s mostly about how I just don’t have much to say. Or, at least, I don’t have much to say that I think anyone on this blog would like to hear. (Long dissections of the structure and dramatic choices of popular movies and books just doesn’t keep people’s attention for long.)

This isn’t all bad news though. I’m happy to announce that we have a new writer joining hideouslywrinkled: Kristofer Ratchet. Kristofer (or just Tofer) is a friend from work that I think can be pretty funny and I'm sure you'd all laugh at him if you met him in real life.

He'll be filling the gaps with his thoughts on movies and TV and video games and music and Apple electronic devices — including those he's never seen, read, played, touched or heard. Probably never politics though. (Unless it's the politics of eating Arby's in a McDonald's world.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

two questions:

1. why were you considering deleting all your old posts?

2. two part question, first part rhetorical. does this mean we'll have to hang out in real life? when are you and rachel free? text me.

Thu Aug 25, 12:13:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking from experience, your entering adulthood is causing you to think you don't have much to say or comment about. Let me tell you; observations are continuing to happen and we would like to get a view from your perspective. Although it may not be a daily event, hearing from you once in awhile is still something I look forward to.

Fri Aug 26, 08:45:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

First Steve Jobs and now this. And just mere days away from Mark receiving a pension for reaching the 1000 post milestone.

Sun Aug 28, 09:10:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Brad.

1) I don't know. I just like to get rid of things when I'm done with them.

2) I think you've seen my solution for that. Of course, Logan thinks he's too good for HeyTell.

Logan.

I know. I'm going to miss that blog syndication money.

Mon Aug 29, 11:30:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home