Thursday, June 02, 2011

Music in 2011, part 1

The most profound thing I can say about the new Death Cab for Cutie album, Codes and Keys, is actually a story.

I've been listening to the album all day at work. My job tends to be rather immediate and time sensitive. That means that there are people popping up and my desk and asking me to do things for them. When they show up, I'm a nice enough guy that I pause my music so that I can hear what they're saying.

So the pattern for my day is: Pause. Listen to a person. Unpause. Listen to music or a podcast and work.

Sometimes I forget to unpause.

So today, like I said, I've been listening to the new Death Cab. One of those times, I forgot to unpause.

Damn. I forgot to set the scene. So remember what I just said and imagine that, simultaneously (that means at the same time), in another room, the video guy is editing and looping license-free music. (If you've never had the joy of listening to license-free music, you're wrong. You have. You just didn't notice it.)

Anyway, I forget to unpause but I don't notice for like five minutes because I think that the license-free music is the new Death Cab.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

"Sometimes I Forget to Unpause" sounds like the title of a Deathcab for Cutie song.

Fri Jun 03, 03:03:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

SMH

Thu Jun 09, 01:05:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I recently had to make a playlist for a wedding and I think what you are describing is wedding reception music.

Wed Jun 22, 03:49:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home