Monday, February 14, 2011

How not to get a job recommendation

I can count, on one hand, the people whom I have actively disliked.

Four total.
Three women, one man.
Three I worked with.
Two in the 90s, two in the 00s.
Two I’ll definitely never see again.
One was from a social connection.
One I can’t even remember their name. (Obviously, I’m not actively disliking all four. It’s just too hard to dislike people.)
One you’ve already heard about.

The most recent was a graphic designer at my last job. I disliked her for a number of reasons. Mostly because she is a passive-aggressive bitch, but a lot because she didn’t like me.

A couple weeks ago, she sent me this gem:

Hi Mark,

How is work going? I haven't talk to you in a while. I hope things are going well for you.

Well, I am on the job hunt, mostly because this world is corrupt. But it's time to move on and find a new environment with better opportunity anyway. Let me know if you hear of anything.


Worst thing is, the only thing I was interested in, the manufactured drama was completely glossed over. Oh well.

Usually I say something pithy and try to put some meaning on disliking people or how hard it is to do it for more than when you’re seeing them every day. Except I can’t remember why I wanted to post this. Please let me know if you can think of a good reason.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

Is English her first language?

Mon Feb 14, 02:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is humorous to see how differently she may view you; not that she may have liked you but a job search requires contacting everyone on the "worked with you"board.ro

Mon Feb 14, 03:28:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

English is her first language, but she's a graphic designer. You know how those people can barely talk, let alone write a coherent sentence. ;-)

Mon Feb 14, 03:33:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home