Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Not Just for Movies with that Guy from Scrubs Anymore



Mos Def

The Ecstatic

If you are a hip-hop fan I think you kind of have to be a Mos Def fan, I mean at least a Black Star (his 1998 collaboration with Talib Kweli - new album next year!?) and Black on Both Sides (Def's 1999 LP) fan.

But Mos' latest releases haven't been quite as good, The New Danger had a couple good tracks, and True Magic was, let's be honest, anything but. Still, when I heard Mos Def was releasing a new album I had to get it. I owed it to him to give it a listen. I am glad I did. The Ecstatic is at times as energetic as Black on Both Sides but it's a more refined, adult effort than the debut. Get it.

Standout tracks: "Auditorium" feat. Slick Rick. Yes, Slick Rick. Just click on it. "Quiet Dog Bite Hard." "History" feat. Talib Kweli, and produced by J-Dilla (R.I.P.).

2 Comments:

Blogger S Goldsmith said...

a link to download it? anyone? logan? ben?

Wed Jul 01, 07:38:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

I e-mailed Sam a persuasive argument about the evils of file-sharing. If anyone else would like one; brad(dot)r(dot)christensen(at)gmail(dot)com

Fri Jul 03, 03:04:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home