Thursday, October 18, 2007

Went to the porch to have a thought

I’ve been having nightmares lately. Which is strange. And since I’m kind of an adult now, they don’t do much. Mostly I wake up and think, “that’s really odd.” But then I can go right back to sleep. I don’t even get that adrenaline, heart pumping feeling anymore.

The other night, for instance, I had two long nightmares about Zombies. Which are a fear of mine. (Even though I know they’re not real and all that. Knowing something isn’t real doesn’t really stop you from having nightmares about it.)

But the kicker was the next night. Where I had a dream that included a pedophile trying to kidnap me, a multiple car pile-up that shut down the I-15 freeway, and the freeway somehow turning into sand in the process.

It isn’t so bad. With the Zombies dreams, for instance, I’ve actually been getting good stories ideas. From the nightmare the other night and one a few months ago, I have two ideas that I’ve never seen done in a movie before. Full of the metaphors that the Zombie tales are based on: isolation, xenophobia and terrorism. Now I just need to figure out how to write a good zombie story.

4 Comments:

Blogger inutero said...

I'm afraid of Vampires in my dreams.

Thu Oct 18, 08:56:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rented two different movies this weekend where dozens of Zombies got mowed down by helicopter blades. And the bad guy couldn't even cut up one Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

As a side note: Grindhouse coming out as two seperate dvds? wtf?

Mon Oct 22, 09:53:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger L-to-the-Del said...

I still have vampire dreams, that stems from watching an old black and white movie on t.v. when I was 6. I wonder what it means. I also have dreams about all of my teeth falling out, that is so much scarier to me than vampires.

Wed Oct 24, 08:39:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

teeth falling out is apparently a common anxiety dream.

and mark it seems you have found the secret to gondry's success!

brad: what zombie movies?

Wed Oct 24, 10:00:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home