Monday, May 07, 2007

Upset

So at about, say, the beginning of the basketball season. I picked the Dallas Mavericks to win the NBA championship.

It wasn’t a statement I would make lightly either. I was very confident that Dallas had the puzzle pieces they needed to avoid another meltdown (like in last year's Finals).

I was wrong.

Dallas lost, badly, to Golden State. A team I wouldn’t have picked for a playoff spot two months ago.

Then Utah beat the favored Houston in a game that was extremely difficult for me to watch.

Then Steve Nash almost broke his nose on the Frenchman's head.

And now I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Which is incredible.

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

That game was so incredibly awesome.

We were all watching it at a sports-bar type joint, and jumping up and down and screaming whenever the Jazz scored. Everybody else must have been like "Wtf?" because they were all watching the Fight.

Boozer = Money.

ESPN seems to think that Golden State is favored to win.

All I know is that the Jazz winning means my beer and hot dog consumption is going to be way up over the next couple of weeks.

Mon May 07, 11:08:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home