Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm sure Logan already knew this,

but I didn't. My cousin Max is reading this cool book called The Dangerous Book for Boys, which, among other things, lists the US Naval signal flags and their meanings. It turns out that these three flags are called "Yankee," "Hotel" and "Foxtrot," which, respectively, mean "Ship has visual communications duty," "I have a pilot on board" and "I am disabled. Communicate with me."






Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is, of course, the title of the fourth Wilco album, released in 2002.

I would like to salute
the ashes of American flags
And all the fallen leaves
filling up shopping bags

3 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

I hate to ruin everybody's image of me as completely omniscient, but I didn't know that.

And that book looks rad.

Thu May 24, 12:25:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

it's as rad as it looks. and the best part is, we totally could have written it. so just need an idea to execute.

Thu May 24, 12:32:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

so we just need and idea to execute. i should stop taking all that speed.

Thu May 24, 12:32:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home