Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm in The New Yorker

Two Photographs:

The first, from the August 21, 2006 issue of The New Yorker.

A house on Tennessee Street in the Lower Ninth Ward; January, 2006. Photograph by Robert Polidori.

(Forgive the terrible image quality and inverted view. It's a photograph of the magazine using my built-in iSight. I was due a free printer/scanner combo from Apple with the new MacBook, but I got jewed out of it).



The second, from my hard drive.

A house on Tennessee Street in the Lower Ninth Ward; January, 2006. Photograph by Sam Goldsmith.



Using the logic coined by Walt Berkman in The Squid and the Whale, if I feel like I could have done it, then I did it. The only difference between my photo and Polidori's is he had time to set up a nice shot. I took mine out the window of the moving minivan I was driving.

2 Comments:

Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

You got jewed out of nothing.

Wed Aug 16, 08:24:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

For you lurkers, the Goldsmiths are Lebanese so it is okay if they use the term.

Wed Aug 16, 10:31:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home