Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Artabanus on the Beach

I have published below a truncated excerpt of my undergraduate academic writing.

Unsolicited, yes.

Still, fin-de-siècle Europe was, as still is, such an important part of my life, I felt it would be a shame not to share it with you. Oddly, it will be as new to my former COL colleagues as it will be to some of my closest friends.

It is longer than I wanted, but you can always can skim (or skip) it.

Speaking of academic loves -- a recent dalliance rekindled my passion for all things Classical Greek. I am looking forward to re-reading Herodotus and Thucydides, as well as this new discovery.

In case you didn't know, the Greco-Persian War is the greatest event in World history (and the whipping of the Hellespont, the silliest).

3 Comments:

Blogger S Goldsmith said...

"the waste land" was in todays ny times crossword.

Wed Aug 02, 03:26:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't we read that Braudel in Ivan Martin's class?

Fri Aug 04, 08:27:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Yeah, I tried to do that crossword on the plane and got owned. I did manage to get that clue. Sup TSE.

And David Bisbal, I guess I should put re-discovered, but I don't remember anything in that class beyond clash of civilizations and the spanish names for north african countries. Sup Marruecos.

Sat Aug 05, 12:56:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home