Friday, July 14, 2006

The vantage falling from the ivory tower

It has been over a month since I left graduate school and I feel there has finally been enough distance and separation that I can begin writing about my academic work.

The blog originally served me as an avenue for my fugitive thoughts outside the totalizing myopia of the academic sphere.

Curiously enough, this trend may invert in the coming year.

I am giving la vida academica a respite; as such, the blog may become host to my refugee scholarship.

Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to be publishing excerpts from some of my academic writings. You may not find it all that interesting, but hopefully it will provide you some insight into the topics and themes that have enthralled me for the past few years.

1 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

You sound like you're going back.

I purpose a moritorium until at least October. That will give some time for perspective.

Sun Jul 16, 03:46:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home