Sunday, December 11, 2005

“I’ve been thinking about nothing, but doing nothing but thinking”

I’ve never been to that club part of In The Venue before. Aside from the rather awkward pillar-placement, it was the perfect place to see The Dandy Warhols. (It was actually amazing considering I’ve read recently that the Dandys play huge venues in Europe and Australia.)

The opening band was awful… some folks called The Out Crowd. (Dont' be fooled by the picture... the hot redhed wasn't there and the chubby guy in the background was front and center.)

Also awful, two of the awful new songs from the Dandys’ awful new album that were played for an awfully long time.

Otherwise, it was great.

Rachel and I were able to get kick butt “seats” on the bar.

The Dandys played all of my favorite songs... including my all-time favorite I Love You.

All in all... it was good. And it restored my faith that the Dandys will eventually get back to creating brilliant, upbeat and pop-friendly masterpieces.

Or at least get back the greatness of lines like: "Super cool, Dandys rule okay."

(Logan was also there… I’m sure he’ll have a similar opinion.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home