Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Another way Sony is ruining the video game industry...

Oddly enough after swearing off video games forever, I’m still fielding about three questions every day about whether I’m going to buy an Xbox 360.

The answer is no. I’ll never buy another video game system at launch.

There are never enough great games for a system’s launch and there’s always that slow trickle of games for six or nine months after launch too. You also end up paying twice as much as you do a year after launch. And, as a grown up, I can no longer rationalize overpaying for a consumer electronic just to be the first to own one.

Of course, the biggest reason is the Sony PSP. That’s the last video game machine I bought at launch.

The PSP is a worthless piece of garbage.
  • There are still no good PSP games (nine months later).
  • The extra features I was so excited about are cumbersome and unnecessary to my life (really, how often do I NEED to watch an episode of The Office on a three-inch screen?).
  • And the system shortage scare that goes with every launch ended up being a bunch of crap. Most retailers were overstocked on PSPs.
Right now, the $250 I invested on PSP in March is collected dust in my underwear drawer. (Or, if you’re interested, the entire package is available for the highly competitive price of $200 –– barely used!)

As for the Xbox 360... I can wait.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

This post was just another thinly veiled plug for the Office. Admit it!

Fri Dec 02, 12:44:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home