Sunday, September 25, 2005

Four new shows that I'm interested in:

Kitchen Confidential
My Name Is Earl
How I Met Your Mother
& Kolchak

I've watched the pilot episodes of the first two on the list and so far, neither is brilliant but both have potential.

Kitchen Confidential has an interesting setup and one of the best supporting casts on any television shows and possibly of any of the new shows (except maybe How I Met Your Mother). But the show lacks a decisiveness about whether or not it's a comedy first and drama second or vice versa. Once that’s cleared up it could be interesting enough to watch. But I’m wary right now.

My Name Is Earl is much more confident about it’s desire to be a stupid, smart comedy. Sure, the pilot wasn’t great. But some of the characters are (in particular the brother, again a supporting character). And there were enough smart jokes that I think it could be great.

How I Met Your Mother is still on the DVR. I’ll watch it soon. Now even.

Kolchak starts Thursday.

Also, I just read that the season premiere of LOST had 23.4 million viewers. Three million more than last season’s finale.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Out of the four you mention, I only caught the pilot for My Name Is Earl. I agree, it was pleasant enough, but I don't think I will be able to find a constant bittorrent to follow it. I thought Bones had a very promising pilot, but I don't really care much for forensic shows. You may want to check it out because it has that guy from Angel (oh wait, I hope I didn't just out you on the internet)

I may cheat and sit this year out with new shows and see which ones develop.

The season premier for Arrested Development was phenomenal.

Oh, and here are the results for this first week of the year:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/ap_en_tv/tv_new_season

Why do I find this and movie box office results so fascinating?

Don't answer that.

Tue Sep 27, 09:22:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home