Wednesday, September 28, 2005

“Lebanese girls are the new half-Asians”

What’s lame about it:

The frame story. I mean, telling your kids the story of how you and their mother met 25 years ago and having that be the driving force for a sitcom. LAME.

Bob Saget wasted as the narrator. I haven’t heard him say anything offensively dirty in 44 minutes. LAME.

What’s cool about it:

The supporting cast. Sure the two main character (the “I” and the “Your Mother” of the title) are bland and overly dramatic in that safe, TV sort of way. But the supporting cast is incredibly tight. They can even pull laughs from weak “safe TV” dialogue. Doogie Howser alone is worth the price of admission (free last time I checked). Add in Willow from Buffy (more from American Pie I guess) and that guy with the bit part in SLC Punk! COOL.

My lame sense of romanticism. It just fits the type of entertainment I’m looking for. But, seriously, having Neil Patrick Harris says things like “Lebanese girls are the new half-Asians.” COOL.

All in all I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt. And I’m almost ready to recommend How I Met Your Mother.

Also. Logan, you’re officially on notice that last Tuesday’s episode of The Office was one of the best half hours of television ever. I mean, making the sexist and offensive salesman a Texan. Brilliant.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New half Asians indeed. BS! I have a monopoly on that. Lebanese.... they might as well be....... I don't know. Pshhhhhhhhhhh.

Fri Sep 30, 11:24:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I am willing to give you that so long as you list every single episode of Arrested Development ahead of it.

This season has been amazing.

"Well, in our defense mom, we aren't exactly dog people."

Although they are severely under using Charlize Theron.

Wed Oct 05, 08:16:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home