Monday, August 09, 2010

Union

Dave Attell tells a joke about how if you’re afraid of a terrorist attack, you should only travel by bus. Because any terrorist cell would get to the bus station and think, “Damn. Somebody already hit this bitch.”
It was like that at the credit union today. I rarely go there. Most everything I do now is online or in the cloud. (I don’t even carry a thumb drive anymore because dropbox and the iPhone have made them obsolete.)
The point is, that there was this little old lady behind me in line at the credit union. And when I say little old lady, I mean short as the “Wait here” sign, old lady hair and odd-colored, silky looking clothes.
And when I said in line behind me, I mean driving me crazy by standing next to me in line, or slightly in front of me outside of the line. All the way forward. Someone goes to the counter. I take two steps forward. And old lady spins and then walks forward to an equal spot as me, or a half step ahead. All the way forward.
I made sure she didn’t cut in front of me in line. But the question is: After you’ve been alive for a couple of hundred years, haven’t you had enough time to figure out how a line works?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all this modern technology you have missed the joys of being around people. In this case it was an old lady, but in many cases it is just whoever may be standing next to you. Everyone is impatient and thinks they are the most important person on the planet. This occurs daily at many places, but the cream of the crop is the line at any bank or credit union.Maybe people are worried there won't be any money left when they get their turn?

Fri Aug 13, 08:00:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger L-to-the-Del said...

I just think there are people who look at you and think that you will not say anything when they cut you in line. She obviously judged incorrectly.

Tue Aug 17, 03:10:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Dave Attell was super funny. Is he still around?

Tue Aug 24, 02:26:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home