Monday, August 24, 2009

Pop Quiz III

Without looking at your notes (wikipedia or otherwise), please answer the following:

The Orion is scheduled to replace what space related project?

A) Soyuz
B) MIR
C) Space Shuttle

[Partial credit will not be offered for improperly bubbled answers.]

Background information: ironically, after complaining about the improbability of being selected for the Mob in 1 vs 100, I was picked a couple of weeks ago after a hot streak. I managed to outlast 68 other players until I was stumped by this question. I was one of only two people to get the question wrong, so I guess it is fairly easy, but I thought I would poll the denizens of the blogosphere to see how embarrassed I should be. Incidentally, the "One" ended up taking the money right after this question, so while I didn't lose any M$ points, I still felt pwned in front of 70,000 elite gamers.

3 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

I forgot to mention: I picked MIR. I think its high profile de-orbiting stuck out in my mind, and I didn't realize they had replaced it already with the ISS.

Tue Aug 25, 09:49:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger b r christensen said...

Obviously you haven't been reading Eric's copies of Popular Science lately. Too bad, you coulda been a contender.

Tue Aug 25, 11:11:00 AM GMT-7  
Anonymous aln_slc said...

Shuttle!

I have some first hand knowledge since I know some employees at Lockheed and ATK, and by being at Caltech I have the opportunity to go to talks at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and GALCIT.

Another fun fact: I have see the ISS from my nephew's little $200 telescope. Cool!

Tue Aug 25, 04:28:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home