Wednesday, June 03, 2009

E3: Evaporation

All I really wanted from E3 this year was Hulu on my XBOX and maybe some reassurance that Dragon Quest IX still exists.

Neither of those things happened.

Instead all I got was Microsoft and Sony shamelessly aping the Wii three years too late and Nintendo still squandering its good graces. Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M were just barely enough to appease me, for now.

[Mark: I have come around to Penny Arcade as of late. The latest comic was flawless.]

3 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

The Beatles: Rock Band looks pretty sweet too. Almost enough to make me forgive the irritating decision to keep it separate from the rest of the Rock Band ecosystem. And DJ Hero has potential.

Wed Jun 03, 08:42:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Castlevania looks a little too Shadow of the Colossus/Gears of War, but I am glad somebody is taking a serious stab at turning the franchise 3D.

Weren't we going to get some price cuts? I was hoping to get a PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

Wed Jun 03, 06:20:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I don't know about the price cuts. I was hoping for a 60GB Xbox 360 so that I could rationalize the purchase a little easier.

I'm also a little unhappy about how much of a loner The Beatles: Rock Band is going to be. But I guess you make concessions to work with the greatest band of all time.

I'll probably post my own E3 thoughts tonight or tomorrow. But, since yesterday, I've gotten a lot more excited about Shadow Complex. A $20 Metroid clone from Cliffy B and co... it's as awesome an idea as Metroid: Other M.

Wed Jun 03, 07:06:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home